Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SXSW 2008…let the count down begin (for the music portion anyway)


It’s not too early to start discussing sxsw 2008 (the music portion); the films are cool too, but let us talk music. It’s too obvious to discuss Dolly and R.E.M.; my top choices that I am oh so excited to see are (insert drum roll here please): Herman Dune, N.E.R.D., Cut Copy, MSTRKRFT, DJ Rekha, The Helio Sequence, and Handsome Furs.

I was first introduced to Herman Dune’s music two years ago in LA and instantly fell in love with them. I was constantly checking tour dates because I wanted nothing more in this world than to see them live. And now I have my chance.

DJ Rekha is my Indian nostalgia. With her Punjabi beats she brings me back to my favorite times in Northern India. I can’t wait to get on the dance floor for her spins.



N.E.R.D. one word- Pharrell.



I predict Cut Copy, MSTRKRFT, and the others will be a dashing good time as well. I plan on doing my hw and research on more bands that are scheduled to play to make sure I don’t miss a good show. I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Thai said...

I love Pharell. For real.

I tried to make that into a punchline

... AND I SUCCEEDED!